11.7.08

The week after Mt. Ophir

Good news!!

I hereby declare it is "no running day" for me tomorrow, slacking and junks loading will be my only work out. Ok lah, maybe some simple finger exercise like mahjong is acceptable


Why? After coming back from Mt Ophir feeling 20 years younger, "strong" and "invigorate". I resisted the urge to run on Sunday, but ran my worse 8kms on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday. The mind is willing but the hips, joints and even my "kar chng" refuse to co-operate. Thurday, went golfing and it was x'mas comes early for my golfing kakis. I will be the bigger fool if I still don't get the message my body is sending! All run and no rest make botak a jaded man but I know at least my golf kakis don't mind.

Some good advises from the guru

Fitness improves not only during exercise but also during rest. At rest, our body make adjustment to make the body stronger. Disregarding the need to rest and recover is a very common practice, over-training may lead to fatiuge or worse injury. Giving our body time to rest and recover isn't the same as skipping workouts or being lazy. Resting is about giving our body the time it needs to be stronger and fitter.

Resting is so that we can run longer.

see you tomorrow night@ 17 - good foods, good companies, good times.

No comments: