18.6.09

14 June 2009 Phuket Marathon - Guess an old dog never learn!!

Sundown, I did the stupid thing of trying something new on race day. So i deserved the Tsunami.

2 weeks later at Phuket marathon, the mara that I was just going to relax, enjoy and will be happy with a 5:30 finish. I was so relax that all cautious were threw into the wind. I took Oreo biscuit, Corn flake with low fat MILK at 3 am!! The mara starts at 4 am arrrhhhh.

With a bloated stomach that threaten to throw up anytime, I was surprised that I still can did the 1st 20km in 2:20. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks! but this old dog beri guai-lan, like to to sarbo himself hor?? Anyway to cut a long story short, after 21 km I was down to a walking pace of 10min/km. If not for the last 3 km chionging, I would be in the 6 hour zone.

Still a happy runner at 5:53:48
俺们also have 三个代表。 William who pace me at Sundown ultra came in with a commendable 4:37:21. Mohan, the other 84km ultra-man, still dance like a butterfly in Phuket 5:20:23.
No ultra-man in Phuket, only ultra-HOT

Hajime Nishi San, Bib No. 559, Phuket was his 559 marathon. Botak Bib no. 556, how come only 9??
Why so serious?
350, no enough huh?

Why So Vain??
Why So Pain???

No comments: