25.8.09

This is what they called interval training

It is chiong o' clock high

With less then 2 weeks to 9.6 YRPR, to improve my change of hitting 10K58, I took my Personal Trainer advice and headed to Bishan Stadium for the first interval training. I was apprehensive as the only time I step inside a stadium was in the 80s to watch football. My worries were not unfounded, this was what my PT did to me :(

2X400m warm up
8X400m chionging with 1m rest/lap
5 min rest
1km chiong like there is no tomorrow
2X400m recovery run
stretching

Now I know PT is not Personal Trainer, it is...

Personal Torture!












3 comments:

The DreamRunner said...

Chiong Ahhh!
Keep up the fierce training.

Cheers!
DreamRunner @ Team FatBird

Anonymous said...

Yo fred..

if this is the 1st time u're doing interval, pls pls "listen to your body.."
slow and stop if you dun feel right inside...

I would suggest gradual adaptation then to do this menu on your virgin interval..

All the best on your 10K58..
remember "there is always another race or chance to revenge.."

freddy

run2eat said...

hi DR,
my choing kao liow is your smile flower speed lah:)

yoz freddy,
yesss sire, will always listen to my body, that why I engaged a PT to guide me. My running motto is to run as long as possible, not as fast as possible.