23.9.08

The story behind one dream 5050

The dream started after being "inspired" by ah hoo to participate in 2007 Standchart marathon.

After the run I asked myself "give me just one good damp &^%$# reason to continue running"

For health and fitness? so boring!
Running gives me confidence - so passe!!
Running keeps me young - now that's more like it!!!
I Run becos I wanna eat! yes! i run therefore i eat. run to eat was born

why 5050 ? 50 is a milestone. 50 is a new beginning.

My 5050 Dream

5050 : 50岁开始,完成50个马拉松


Yes i may be a 50% retarded idiot, but i still know to complete 50 marathon after 50 is not easy, that's why i need a dream, 5050 dream.

one dream - 5050 ,
an exercise in courage. Dump courage, perhaps!
Let time be the judge, whether I am brave or just plain foolish.
Someone told me i need a miracle to complete the 50 marathons.

Miracle already happens- the miracle isn’t that I can complete. The miracle is that I had the guts to start.

Run To Eat creed : Got road, run. Got mountain, climb. Got food, eat. Got money, got money then talk lah.

A runner's creed: "I will win; if I cannot win, I shall be second; if I cannot be second, I shall be third; if I cannot place at all, I shall still do my best.”

Botak's creed: "A lot of people run to see who’s the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts aka LP"

this statement sounds, tastes, smells very "how lian" right? like the chinese saying "你很牛!真够牛p!

it is not my faults, humble is not my middle name.

Blame it on

#1 : I am a Hokkien ( Ya lah, i know teocheow is suppose to be "how lian" but hokkien not far behind too, we "tua pian" this also can count 5050 hor!

#2 : Remember, I was born in the year of the dog.

What does dog got to do with "牛” you ask?

How to say dog in hokkien? COW! 牛! 懂了吗?下课!

Ok, since you people so nice one, willing to listen to my "cow"story. i will give more cow.. oh i mean "bullshits"


Just when you thought LAN stands for Local Area Network.


Complete Guide to LAN

  • You joined a company KAM LAN

  • One who tries to boss around XIA LAN

  • When there's favourtism in your company TU LAN

  • Your hard work was not appreciated LAN LAN

  • All your hard work has gone into a drain LAN PA PA LAN

  • That chee hong working in your company LAU LAN

  • Dat chow cb tries to boast but you can't be bothered BOH HEW LAN

  • One who tries to be funny with you KWAI LAN

  • The company which you work in NEOW CHEE NEOW LAN

  • You've decided to quit CHO SI MI LAN

  • And you're outta job CHO BOH LAN

  • You struck a lottery and became a millionaire KYO TEO GU LAN (same feeling when botak cross the finish line at 2007 marathon)

  • That kenyan that won 2007 standchart marathon ORE LAN

  • Woman who sign on in Army?? -- Hua... Mu Lan

No comments: