7.9.08

If you don't do it now, you will never get around doing

My 5050 Dream

9 months has passed since i was introduced or should i say con, hoodwink by ah hoo to marathon:-) the experience was gratifying, i was humbled and learned to be more respectful to life. I quote my friend, Nicky Tan: " Each day don't come by just like this, it is a privilege gift, be thankful"

Enough of "yar sor", now bragging time!

the results so far :
my longest run pre-2000, some time in Sep 1985 Pandan Reservouir 6.2km - 75 mins
fast forward to

1996-2007 ZZZZzzzzzzzzz
02 Dec 2007 Standchart Marathon - 7hr 53min
30 Apr 2008 Mt Kinabalu climb - 13 hrs
31 May 2008 Adiddas sundown marathon - 5hr 59min
24 Aug 2008 Army Half Marathon - 2hr 29min
05 Sep 2008 Come of age ritual 50 km run - 6hr 30min
07 Dec 2008 Standchart Marathon - ? hr ? min

ah hoo , we have a date with sub 5 on 7 Dec 2008.

To my friends who are still not decided upon taking up marathon, may i quote again
"If you want to win something, run 100 metres, if you want to experience something, run a Marathon."
Emil Zapotek. The late Czech runner was the 1952 Helsinki Olympics triple-gold medalist in the 5,000m, 10,000m and marathon.

There are certain things in life that if you don't do now, you will never get around doing it"
Just Do It!

Thanks to all my friends who came to support my come of age ritual - one dream 5050.

Special thanks to :
  • ah bay, calvin and mag for joining the run despite having to work on Saturday.
  • daniel, albert and francis for giving up their regular Sat golf to come to my party.
  • sam and doris for taking half day leave to be my cordinator.

Runners list
50 km : ah hoo, william, freddy
29 km : ah tan, ah yeh, calvin, shao chong, shen lian, nicky
21 km : ah bay, ah chan, toby, mag, daniel, kah long, vincent

15km : allan, billy, patrick

Thanks also to my families and last but not least, ah hoo for conni.. oops i mean for inspiring me 。

Yes, it was a good run. I learned to listen to my body, keep it strong and healthy, i hope to be able to run for the rest of my life. That is the big goal now.

"run to eat"

Thank you , 谢谢,kum-seah.

1850 hrs, 5th Sept 2008

2125 hrs, 50 km runners taking 5 after 21 km

29 km runners joining in


2155 hrs, start of the final 29km, may Usain Bolt be with us. but he is a 100m sprinter, we are marathoners :-)

0153 hrs, 6th Sept 2008, 50 km done!

High 5 at 50 km

William, my pacer for the whole 50km, a big thank you

Our "Run To Eat" Brand Ambassador, Patrick. With our limited budget we can only pay peanut, but how come hor? instead of monkey,we get orang utan :-)

I "run to eat!" He, "Run But cannot eat"

Excited fans with our Brand ambassador who ran 15km today, will be going full miles for SCSM

This botak! one dream 5050. 3 down, 47 to go






No comments: